Goals are fluid things, they can be changed as needed, and I love that. At the beginning of January I read Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan, and after reading just the first chapter I asked Rod to read it as well. This book has changed our perspective on so many things and has changed our goals. All of our financial goals for 2012 has changed as well as many other things. I’ve updated the goal list here: 2012 Goals. In June and July we will have some major changes taking place, but I can’t share that here yet. Anyways here is how I did for January:
- Read the Bible everyday – Read about half the time
- Read: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan – Done
- Read: For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer – Done
- Lose X pounds – Done (YAY!!!!)
- Exercise six days a week – Did for two weeks
- No more sodas and drink at least eight cups of water daily – Still
strugglingworking on this
- Healthy diet with one cheat day each week – Mostly did for two weeks
- Have Kaitlyn completely potty-trained – Mostly done, still a few accidents, but she still isn’t going on her own…I have to remind her.
- Have Kristen sleeping through the night – Done…Praise the Lord!
- Establish new chore routine for the children – Done
All in all, I think it went pretty well. I was pretty sick for the first two weeks of January, had strep throat, but having these goals on here helped keep me accountable to completing what I was able. I did not do as well as I would have liked, but at least with goals I am making forward progress. I will soon be posting book reviews for my goal books, I’m still pondering what I’ve learned. How was your January?